New Voting Options for 2020
The Voters Choice Act passed in 2016 (SB 450), which allows select counties to conduct all-mail ballot elections while also providing regional Vote Centers to be open 10 days prior to Election Day through close of voting on Election Day. On February 26, 2019, the Orange County Board of Supervisors approved conducting elections through this model.
Due to COVID-19, Governor Newsom issued Executive Order (N-64-20) calling for all California voters to receive a vote-by-mail ballot. He also issued Executive Order (N-67-20) regarding in-person voting for the General Election, there will be 4-days of in-person voting.
There will be several hassle-free voting options to enhance the voter experience. Major changes include the addition of more than 200 Vote Centers throughout Orange County, secure ballot drop-off box locations, and a flexible voting schedule.
Every registered voter will receive an information packet and vote-by-mail ballot in the mail. The packet will include detailed information on the election, candidates, choices of where and how to vote and more. Multiple benefits will be outlined so voters can plan when to cast their ballot to avoid lines and time restraints.
As a registered voter, you’ll have more options that match your busy schedule:
- Visit: Vote at ANY Vote Center location countywide beginning 4 days before Election Day. Open seven days a week, Vote Centers will feature electronic check-in and ballot system, disabled access voting, voter registration options, and personal customer service support and problem solving. Click here for a list of Vote Center locations.
- Drop: Drive through a ballot drop-off location or drop your ballot at any countywide Vote Center. Click here for a list of Ballet Drop Box locations.
- Mail: Return your ballot via the US Post Office – No stamp required!
If you have already mailed in your ballot or dropped off your ballot in a Ballot Drop Box, you can track it here.
For more information please visit https://www.ocvote.com/votecenter.
- Register to Vote - The last day to register to vote is October 19, 2020.
- Check Registration Status - If you live in Orange County, find out if you are already registered.
- Election Results - Live election results on Election Day.
- Polling Place Look-Up - The Orange County Registrar of Voters provides an online tool to find your neighborhood voting location.
- Vote by Mail - All the information you need to vote by mail.
- Military Voters and Citizens Living Abroad - Everything you need to know.