Impound Guidelines and Public Auction Participation
The following guidelines shall be adhered to at all times by the general public while participating in the viewing of vehicles for auction at the Placentia Police Department
- No one under the age of 18 years of age is permitted in the impound lot.
- Private vehicles shall be parked outside of the impound lot.
- All public participants are to meet at the entrance gate promptly at 3:00 pm. No one shall enter the impound lot without the expressed permission of the officers conducting the viewing.
- All participants will be given a list of the vehicles scheduled for auction.
- All participants may view the vehicles from 3 pm to 4pm.
- Vehicles are sold "AS IS".
- No one shall enter the vehicles, open doors, or otherwise physically handle any vehicles.
- Viewing of the vehicles shall end promptly at 4:00 pm.
- The bidding process will commence promptly at 4:00 pm with a minimum bid of $250 for Placentia impounds and $350 for CSUF PD impounds.
- All persons placing a bid on vehicles must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid California drivers license.
- The registered owner / legal owner, or driver of an impounded vehicle may not buy back their vehicle at auction as a way of circumventing the impound fees.
- Auction vehicle releases are only conducted Monday through Tuesday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, and Wednesday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- Any vehicle that is not paid for and removed from the impound lot by the following Wednesday at 12:00 pm will be place back on a pending auction list. The Placentia Police Department will permanently exclude any individual from further participation in all public auctions if they bid on a vehicle and do not make any attempt to pay the bid fee or pick up the vehicle within the prescribed time.
All public participants are required to adhere to the above-noted guidelines. Anyone not following these guidelines will be asked to leave the impound lot.
Current Impound Auction Vehicles
To see a list of current vehicles available for auction, please view the following link:
will be on February 22, 2017
. Click link for a list of the vehicles (link is active starting the Thursday before auction). Please note the vehicles may be arranged in a different order upon arrival. Auction staff will provide a current list at registration.