Remember these tips when working with your vehicle to keep our storm drains
- Call (800) 449-7587 to arrange a free used oil pick-up.
- Clean engines at a do-it-yourself car wash where the drainage is not connected to the storm drain.
- Conserve water when washing your car and use biodegradable soap.
- Fix vehicle leaks, such as oil and antifreeze.
- Recycle motor oil at a used oil recycling facility or car repair shop.
When cleaning, remember these tips to keep storm drains pollutant-free:
- Dispose of Household Hazardous Wastes for free at the Orange County facility.
- Pick up pet waste and place in the black trash container.
- Put trash in the can instead of the gutter.
- Sweep driveways and sidewalks.
- Throw litter and recyclables into proper disposal cans.
- Use a broom rather than a hose to clean up garden clippings.
- Use kitty litter or other absorbent materials to clean up spills.
Additional tips to remember include:
- Consider, control, and conserve recyclable and reusable materials.
- Contact the City of Placentia’s Public Works Department about full catch basins.
- Use pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers in accordance with label instructions. Do not apply them before rain, and be sure to dispose of them properly.