Senior Advisory Committee
The Senior Advisory Committee consists of seven (7) members who serve until removed or resign. The members will be appointed by the City Council with two (2) members being representatives from the Placentia Senior Center and five (5) at-large seniors. All members shall be 55 years of age or older.
The Senior Advisory Committee meets quarterly on the second Wednesday of the month at 4:00 p.m. at City Hall.
Powers and Duties
- Act as liaison for all seniors in the City and advise on ways to enrich and enhance the health and quality of life of seniors in the community.
- Solicit input and act as a public forum for issues that affect seniors in the City.
- Provide advice based on input received to improve the programs, policies, and services provided to seniors. Identify barriers to access by seniors to City services and programs. Form partnerships in the community to educate, inform, and improve the quality of life for seniors.
- Work with and support existing senior programs.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment.
- Assist with the marketing of the Senior Center services, programs, and events.
Director of Community Services and/or designated staff member(s)