Economic Development Committee
The Economic Development Committee consists of nine (9) regular members serving a term of three (3) years and two (2) alternate members serving a term of two (2) years are appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council. Committee members and alternates need not be Placentia residents, but must represent a business located in Placentia. The Committee shall be comprised of one representative from each of the following organizations and/or groups:
- Placentia Chamber of Commerce (Two Members)
- Placentia Yorba Linda Unified School District
- Real Estate Industry
And one representative from each of the following business categories:
- Retail Business
- Manufacturing Business
- Service Industries
In addition, the City Council may appoint a Council liaison to serve on the Economic Development Committee in a non-voting capacity.
Regular meetings of the Economic Development Committee are held at 4:00 PM on the fourth Tuesday of each quarter at City Hall.
Powers and Duties
- Advise the City Council on business issues and to design, develop, and implement a comprehensive economic development program to the City of Placentia
- Determining new strategies for economic development within the City
- Identifying constraints and incentives to economic development
- Identifying new sources of revenue for the consideration of the City Council and/or the ICDA
- Serve as a focal point for the community and the City on economic development projects and issues.
- Provide annual reports to the City Council
City Administrator and/or designated staff member(s)