Director of Public Works
401 E. Chapman Ave.
Ph: (714) 993-8131
Fx: (714) 528-4640
Monday - Thursday
7:30 am - 6:00 pm
The mission of the Public Works Department is to improve and maintain the citywide infrastructure in a manner that will enhance the quality of life for its residents.
The Public Works Department is comprised of six divisions:
- Administration, which oversees the overall administration and operation of the department, including financial services, regulatory programs environmental programs and public outreach.
- Building & Facility Maintenance, which oversees the maintenance and repairs of all City-owned buildings and facilities.
- Fleet Maintenance, which provides maintenance for all City fleet vehicles and equipment.
- Engineering Services, which oversees the coordination and delivery of City's Capital Improvement Program, utility coordination and right-of-way management, as well as review of private development projects.
- Parks and Landscape Maintenance, which maintains all parks and public landscaping throughout the City.
- Transportation Services, which is responsible for city-wide traffic management, which includes all traffic signals, signs, striping, transportation studies and long-range planning, transportation capital improvement projects and parking studies.
- Streets and Sanitation Maintenance, which oversees maintenance of the City's sewer collection system, street sweeping, storm drain maintenance, roadway and public right-of-way maintenance.
For the Public Works Department Fee Schedule (effective July 1, 1018), please Click Here.
*Please be aware that the Public Works Fee Schedule changed effective July 1, 2018. per Resolution No. R-2018-24.
If you wish to perform any work in the public right-of-way, this generally includes the sidewalk, curb, gutter, planting strip, and driveway
, you will need to submit an Encroachment Permit application. The cost of an Encroachment permit is based on the permit fee, technology fee and number of required hours of inspection determined by the Public Works Inspector. Please refer to the Public Works Fee Schedule (See above) for a breakdown of the cost of the permit. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Tim Quach at (714) 993-8148.
- For an Encroachment Permit Application, please click here.
Transportation permits are required for those vehicles that
exceed the maximum width, height, length, or overhang and desire to
travel on City streets and highways. The limits are outlined in the
Caltrans Transportation Guidelines Manual.
Permit Application & Cost
Please submit an application one business day before the start of trip. Permits will be processed within one business day after receipt of application. The cost of a single trip permit is $16.00 and $90.00 for annual permit. In addition, proof of
insurance and copy of payment check is required prior to issuing a permit. Annual permits will not be issued until payment of $90.00 has been received by mail or in person.
- For a Transportation Permit Application, please click here.
- To view a map of designated truck routes in the City of Placentia, please click on Truck Routes.
Single Trip and Annual Permits may be processed in person or by email to Tim Quach at . If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Tim Quach at (714) 993-8148.
Department Reports & Documents