Solid Waste & Recycling
The City of Placentia and Republic Services strive to provide a wide range of solid waste services. Through a contract with the City, Republic Services provides weekly residential, commercial, and industrial refuse services. Additional services available to residents and business owners include:
- Bulky Item Collection - Large household items that cannot fit into containers, available for residential and commercial customers. Republic Services offers single-family residents three (3) FREE curbside bulky item collections per year (up to 10 items per pick up). These services are available to multi-family residents and commercial customers for a fee of $51.13 per pick-up of two items. (Please note: there is an added charge for pickup of air conditioners and refrigerators due to special handling requirements of Freon.) To schedule a bulky item pickup, please call Republic Services at 800-700-8610.
- Unacceptable items are: animal carcasses, asbestos, ash, automobiles or car parts, bio-hazardous medical waste, camper shells, cast iron bathtubs, chemical and/or petroleum cleanup waste, compressed cylinders, construction and demolition debris, drums, tanks, kegs and barrels (plastic and metal), fats oils and grease (FOG), fencing, sheds, gazebos, paint, mattress with bed bugs, medical beds, medical sharps, piano, propane tanks, radioactive materials, riding lawnmowers, shingles, roofing materials, soil, rocks, grubbing materials and spoils, spas
- Container Exchange - Containers that have graffiti, are damaged or worn out can be exchanged. 1 free cart replacement per calendar year. More frequent replacements will result in additional fees.
- Container Rentals - 3 to 30-yard rental containers are available for residential cleanups and construction debris removal
- Extra Trash Service - Extra weekly pickups are available for a nominal fee
For these services or for further information, please contact Republic Services' Customer Service team at (800) 700-8610 or visit Republic Services page for the City of Placentia.