Welcome to the City of Placentia General Municipal Election page. The following information is provided to guide voters and potential candidates through the election process. The City’s General Municipal Election is held on the first Tuesday, following the first Monday, in November of each even-numbered year. The candidates receiving the highest number of votes shall be elected. The City Clerk is the local elections official and coordinates with the County of Orange to conduct the municipal elections.
The term of office for members of the City Council shall be four (4) years, or in the case of an appointment or election to an unexpired term of office, the term of office shall be equal to the unexpired term of office. No person shall serve more than three (3) consecutive terms of office as a member of the City Council, including any portion of an unexpired term of office to which such person has been appointed or elected. In addition to the members of the City Council, the other elected officers of the City shall be the City Clerk and the City Treasurer.
Starting with the City’s General Municipal Election held November 6, 2018, Council Members will be elected from five equal, geographically based districts.
To find your voting district, visit the districting website and enter your address.
To be eligible to vote in an election, you must register at least 15 days prior to the election date.
- Register to Vote - In California, the deadline to register to vote for any election is 15 days before Election Day, so please register early!
- Check Registration Status - If you live in Orange County, find out if you are already registered.
- Election Results - Live election results on Election Day.
- Polling Place Look-Up - The Orange County Registrar of Voters provides an online tool to find your neighborhood voting location.
- Vote by Mail - All the information you need to vote by mail.
- Military Voters and Citizens Living Abroad - Everything you need to know.
- California Secretary of State
- Orange County Registrar of Voters
- Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC)