Maintaining Safe Roadways
The Traffic Bureau's primary roles are reducing traffic collisions on Placentia's roadways and promoting a safe and efficient flow of traffic throughout our city. Every day over 200,000 vehicles travel the 200-plus miles of streets in our City, which requires a carefully implemented traffic plan and both selective and problem-oriented enforcement efforts to guarantee maximum public safety. We carry out this mission while being committed to providing the highest quality public service available.
The Traffic Bureau has implemented a number of programs and enforcement strategies designed to make the best use of resources with the most up-to-date information. Our enforcement strategies are developed with an emphasis on maintaining direct contact with the citizens to educate them on improper driving etiquette and ensuring compliance with the vehicle code. Prevention strategies include a number of programs designed to educate and increase awareness.
These programs include:
- DUI enforcement
- Maintaining high visibility to increase safety in and around schools
- Parking education and enforcement
- Pedestrian/bicycle education and enforcement
- Seat belt/car seat enforcement
View more information on the Traffic Division's programs and grants and on parking enforcement.
Who We Are
The Traffic Bureau is a sub-group of the Patrol Division and is managed by the assigned motor sergeant. This bureau consists of two motorcycle officers and two full-time Parking Control Officers.
- View information from the California Department of Motor Vehicles concerning vehicle codes.
- View information on how to retrieve an impounded vehicle (PDF).
- View updated codes concerning private party impounds (PDF).