November 3, 2020 Election and Candidate Information
The next General Municipal Election for the City of Placentia will take place on November 3, 2020 for the purpose of filling one (1) seat in District 1, one seat in District 3, and one (1) seat in District 5 on the City Council and one (1) City Treasurer position each for a full term of four (4) years; and one (1) City Clerk position for two (2) years.
The City Clerk is the local Elections Official and coordinates with the Orange County Registrar of Voters in conducting Municipal Elections. Duties of the Elections Official include preparation of necessary resolutions calling for General and Special Municipal Elections and declaring elections results; coordination of the candidate nomination process and receipt and processing of initiative, referendum and recall petitions.
City Council Vacancies
Three (3) City Council Member District Seats (Districts 1, 3, and 5)
One (1) City Clerk Position
One (1) City Treasurer Position
To find your voting district, visit the districting website and enter your address.
To be eligible to vote in an election, you must register at least 15 days prior to the election date.
- Register to Vote - The last day to register to vote is October 19, 2020.
- Check Registration Status - If you live in Orange County, find out if you are already registered.
- Election Results - Live election results on Election Day.
- Polling Place Look-Up - The Orange County Registrar of Voters provides an online tool to find your neighborhood voting location.
- Vote by Mail - All the information you need to vote by mail.
- Military Voters and Citizens Living Abroad - Everything you need to know.