Food Programs for Seniors
The following are food programs offered to Placentia's senior community:
- A free food box distribution program is offered through Community Action Partnership of Orange County to eligible seniors 60 years and over. Food boxes are distributed the last Wednesday of each month at the Placentia Senior Center. Yearly registration is required.
- SENIOR LUNCH PROGRAM
The City of Placentia, in partnership with Meals on Wheels Orange County, offers a daily lunch program for older adults. A monthly schedule of meals is available at the Placentia Senior Center Front Desk. Please call 714-223-5943 for more information and to verify program days and times. Suggested donation per meal is $3.00 for individuals 60+. Meal costs for individuals under 60 are $5.00. This program is available for adults age 60 and older. Participants must register for the program on their first visit, and can do so on-site at the Placentia Senior Center.
- The Senior Grocery Program for seniors is offered the first and third Wednesdays of the month. Annual registration is required.
- The Commodity Food Program is a free food distribution service through the Second Harvest Food Bank to seniors every first Wednesday of each month.
- Movie Mondays – Mondays at 10:00 am
- Bingo – Wednesdays and Fridays at 11:30 am
- Arts & Crafts – Days vary, call the center for more information.
The following exercise activities are currently not available through the Senior Center.