All members are appointed by the City Council and serve at the discretion of the Council.
Regular meetings of the Veterans Advisory Committee are held at 4:00 p.m. on the first Monday of each month between April and November.
Powers and Duties
- Serves in an advisory capacity to the City Council on veterans' affairs matters within the community.
- Considers veterans' matters submitted by the City Council, staff or public and recommends courses of action where appropriate.
- Matters considered by the committee's scope include all activities within the purview of the City Council relating to the Veterans Day Program and activities.
- Committee members are to familiarize themselves with veterans' activities through attendance at local/state/federal veterans' organizations.
- Committee members need not be veterans to serve on this committee.
Director of Community Services and/or designated staff member(s)