Single-Family Residential Trash, Recycling, and Organics
Weekly pick-ups are scheduled throughout Placentia neighborhoods using a three-bin system, which is serviced by the City's franchise hauler, Republic Services.
GREEN BIN = RECYCLING
- All recyclables must be Empty. Clean. Dry.™
- Keep recyclables loose; do not bag them.
- Plastic bags cannot be recycled through the recycling cart so instead, take them to a participating grocery store with a drop-off area.
BROWN BIN = YARD WASTE/ORGANICS
BLACK BIN = TRASH (NO HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE)
- Single-family residents get 3 bulky item pick-ups (limit 10 items per pickup) per calendar year. Contact Republic Services at (714) 238-3300 to schedule this service.
- No Household Hazardous Waste (batteries, e-waste, wet paint, chemicals, etc.). HHW can be taken to one of the 4 Hazardous Waste Collection Facilities where it will be responsibly disposed of. This summer, OC Waste & Recycling is issuing an alert about battery disposal. Improperly disposed of batteries can cause fires in the waste system. When you are at the hazardous waste collection facility, ask for a free battery collection recycling bucket - available while supplies last. For more information, visit the County or City's Hazardous Waste webpage.
State Recycling Law SB 1383, and Its Impact on Single-Family Residents
SB 1383 and Waste-Related Support
If you would like assistance with SB 1383 or any waste-related matters, please contact the City's Environmental Services Coordinator, Cathy Nguyen, at email@example.com or (714) 993-8123.