For information on street sweeping schedules, review the street sweeping map (PDF). For questions or inquiries regarding street sweeping citations, please call the Placentia Police Department at (714) 993-8164 or for more information regarding street sweeping, please call the Public Works Department at (714) 993-8245.
The City of Placentia contracts with R.F. Dickson Co., Inc. for street sweeping services. This service strives to ensure that all City-approved arterial, residential, industrial and alley roadways are kept clean. Maintaining clean streets keeps the City of Placentia beautiful and complies with the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) and National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) requirements.
Please keep the following guidelines in mind for street sweeping service:
- Please move all vehicles off the street during the times/days posted for street sweeping.
- Please ensure all trash containers and recreational items such as basketball hoops are removed from the gutter area on your service day.
- Don’t rake or blow leaves/grass into the gutter or streets. Instead place them inside of your automated green waste container to be picked up on your scheduled collection day.
Street parking is prohibited during the days and times identified on the street sweeping sign posted at the main entrance(s) to each development and/or street. The “No Parking Zone” is enforceable during the block of time identified on the posted sign, regardless of the location of the street sweeper on the scheduled route. Vehicles parked on the street during those days and between the posted hours will be cited under Placentia Municipal Code, Chapter 13.48.220-Parking restricted to facilitate street sweeping. For residents who wish to contest their citations, please follow the instructions located on the back of the citation.
Services are not performed on the following holidays are (unless otherwise noted)::
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther’s King Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day –
- Independence Day - July 4
- Labor Day -
- Thanksgiving Day (including the following Friday)
- Christmas Eve & Christmas Day (The City cancels all sweeping operations on residential streets typically between December 22nd and January 2nd. These specific dates may change from year to year but generally encompass the last two weeks of the year). Arterial streets are still swept during this time period.
Sweeping operations may not occur during inclement weather (e.g. heavy rain and high winds). Please call the City’s Public Works Department at (714) 993-8245 on inclement weather days to received updated information.
Customer Service Contact Information
For customer service concerns regarding the quality of street sweeping services, call R.F. Dickson Co., Inc. at 1-800-573-3222. To report complaints that could not be resolved with R.F. Dickson or any other questions regarding street sweeping, please contact the City’s Public Works Department at (714) 993-8245 (Please note that City Hall is closed on Fridays).